Re: [ST] Flat Battery

I have successfully jumpstarted several bikes from a car
battery.  As others have noted, you don't want to do it with
the car running.  My understanding of this is that there is
the possibility of a power surge when the car is started,
and that may be too much for the bike's electrical system.

I recommend investing in a good battery tender and charging the
battery with it.  You can also leave the battery on it if you
aren't going to ride for a while, and it will maintain a charge.

The last time my battery died, I pulled it out, walked a
block to my favorite shop, and made a sad puppydog face.
"Please sirs, can I have some electrons?"  It was just barely
too weak to start the bike, so they slapped it on the charger
for half an hour, I grabbed lunch, and then all was well.

-Patti