Re: [ST] I dropped the Booh bike!

Patti Beadles wrote:
> Dammit.  I dropped my 2001 ST tonight while walking it around
> cars in the garage.  Five and a half years, and this is the
> first time the bike has been down.
>
> 	http://whipartist.livejournal.com/363497.html
>
> In the process, I seem to have broken the bracket that holds
> the left bag on.  I'm pretty sure I broke off whatever piece
> holds the latch closed, but I'm too grumpy to go back down to
> the garage and investigate properly.  Tomorrow.
>
> Other damage: some minor scuffs on the plastic, and a bent
> but now fixed shifter.  My pride isn't looking too healthy
> either.

Patti, before you do anything, check the metal part of the latch.  In a
similar situation (not going into details) I found that the tip of the
latch bends before the plastic mount breaks.  Your fix may be as simple
as bending the tip back into place (short term) or replacing the latch
(long term, or if you break the tab off).
Good luck!

Dan