Re: [ST] Why unplug it, or two

Jack

On the more general subject of charging vehicle batteries, quite a few people have lost their lives from live bodywork whilst cheap chargers have been used with the battery in situ.  If I needed to charge a battery frequently I would replace it; if I need to charge it, I remove it or disconnect it during the process.

Still enjoying the family you see <G>

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> rude@xxxxxxxxxxxx 07/03/2007 14:26:26 >>>
OK, for the record I have three Battery Tenders that I use on my Vette, '99
ST, and two Yamaha Zuma's.

First, several folks mentioned about pulling the battery and charging it:
I never remove the battery. What's the point? I have a BMW plug on that
Battery tender and just plug it into the accessory plug on the left side of
the bike. The battery is now maintained and there is NO danger because of
the Battery Tender's amperage, safety features, and reliability of record.

<snip>

Jack Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the dark side of the Moon" Why? Has it got a flat battery?