Re: [ST] chain breaker/ riviter

On Mar 12, 2007, at 7:24 PM, Bil Swartz wrote:

> Not be a "me too" but bent the heck out of a couple of pins in the
> Motion
> Pro, but that was before picking up the tip of using a Dremel and
> cutting
> disc to grind the head off of the pin first!  ;^{D

The Motion Pro tool I bought has this tip as part of the instructions.
In fact it's actually a warning, that you "must" grind the head off or
you will break the tool. I know, real men don't need instructions, but
since I never had seen one used it was a necessity. It worked just as
advertised for breaking and installing the new chain.

Put 300 miles on Hwy 36 yesterday. Felt a lot better with new chain,
sprockets, and front and rear rubber.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned