Re: [ST] California Travelin

Stewarts Point Rd--goes from Hiway one to 101.Run west to east it starts out as a tiny lane ,more like a TT track, annd about half way it becomes this awesome wide paved racetrack with amazing sweepers.Thank whatever highway dept decided to spend their money in the middle of nowhere.I have lots more of the same type roads as I live in N Bay area just east of Napa.Jim.
http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl&q<http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl&q>=
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Brian Nobles<mailto:thenobles2@xxxxxxxxx>
  To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 8:09 AM
  Subject: Re: [ST] California Travelin

  I have vacationed in that area often. My advice:
  1. Join http://www.pashnit.com/motoroads.htm<http://www.pashnit.com/motoroads.htm>. All your questions are
  answered there. It's not free but it's less than the cost of most
  campsites.
  2. Make sure that you have good tires. They use crushed volcanic rock
  for many of the roads and it'll munch though suspect tires.
  3. Take Hwy 36 from Red Bluff to the coast. That is the best (i.e.
  technically challenging) road that I've ever ridden.

  Brian -- AKA Oregon_Rider