Re: [ST] California Travelin

Al,

I live in the Shasta Valley so I know the area well. Highway 3 is paved
all the way but can be a little dirty this time of year at the Scott
Mountain Summit. Beautiful ride through as you climb through the
twisties in thick pine forest with the Trinity River crashing along
beside you. A good portion of the Gazelle/Callahan Road has been
resurfaced, but CalTrans decided to fill the shoulders with 6-8 inches
of gravel so some spots can be dirty. (this is where I had my little
get-off last October....). Ramshorn Road is indeed dirt. As Brian said
cinders are a big problem this early in the year and there is always the
anti-freeze they spray whenever the temps are forecast to be below 38.
Let me know if you need any more info...

Jill Lee-Jones
Montague, CA
'01 ST