From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeremy Witt
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 7:20 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Calling on the collective wisdom of the list...

That's what I thought about mine the first time it temporarily stranded
me just north of Scranton, PA on the way to GA.  I did have a magnetic
tank bag over the cap.  But, no rush of air, and no start for about 15
minutes.  Had the airbox off, checking the carbs, found no issue.  Put
it all back together, and it started right up.  Ran fine for another
2000 miles at least before it happened again.

I finally took the pump off and had a mechanic test it.  That's when I
learned it was pushing less that 100% fuel, often close to 25%.  80's
Honda fuel pumps, might be related.  :0)

Jeremy Witt
Newbury Partners
www.newburypartners.com
(o) 603-893-3022