Re: [ST] Risks of two wheels

For sure its not just two wheels.

We've just had an "accident" in Sydney, Oz, where a 42 year old female
learner driver, in a Toyota Echo mounted the kerb and ploughed into a group of
people waiting for a bus!

One dead, two critical, the driver is under police guard in hospital and
latest reports say she is still in shock and not in a very coherent state.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21455243-661,00.html

In yet another recent "accident", three people were killed in a multiple
vehicle pile up in a tunnel in Melbourne.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4003101a10.html

IMHO just because you are on a bike doesnt mean youre in danger and just
because youre in an enclosed vehicle, or not, does not make you safe. Yet various
authorities keep ramming this one down our throats.

And of course, in these and all other road trauma incidents the first thing
the police say is "excessive speed is to blame".

I'll jump off my soap box now. Its finally a beautiful sunny day here as
summer winds down. The beach is sparkling so I'm off to throw myself in the ocean
and then take the 675 out, the poor thing hasnt been ridden for nearly two
weeks.

Hope everyone is well, stay upright.

Brett.