Re: [ST] Risks of two wheels

Hi Simon

Since I posted that, one of the car drivers involved has lost his life too.  Another mate who was meeting up with the bikers later tells me the lorry that crossed the central reservation was carrying aggregate (rocks 1-2 inches-ish across) and those got flung at them.  The survivors went through a mini meteor storm!

Mate in hospital has 2 broken shoulder-blades, 11 broken ribs, 3 damaged vertebrae, broken arm and leg, punctured lungs, ruptured spleen (removed), bleeding kidney (packed) but brain looks clear on CT scan.  He's being re-named Barry Sheen because he's been here before.  I've got a feeling he will pull through.

Chris Harwood
00 RS that saw the sunshine today

On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 09:30 +0100, Chris Harwood wrote:
> Mate lost his life with one other yesterday morning on the M25 in the UK.  Lorry crossed central reservation and took out 5 bikers on their way to Belgium for the day.  25-year-old car-driver arrested for two counts of suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. 2 other cars involved.
>
> I was only in the pub with him last Wednesday after a men's get-together called 'A Rough Guide for Dads'.
>
> He leaves a wife, and 4 children under 20 years old.
>
> Another mate on life-support in hospital, married with kids.
>
> Take care.

Sorry to hear of the bad news. But it's not only two wheelers. A whole
family I used to know where taken out on the A48 some time ago. The car
was hit head on by a stolen car. Both parents and two children where
killed.

Simon.