Re: [ST] Avon mileages

Beckie J Dunlap wrote:
> For anyone who has run a couple sets (at least) of Avons:
>
> What kind of mileage did you get?  Rick, you said you have run 3-4 sets
> of Avons on your sprint? How did they do for miles?

Beckie,
I'm still on my first set of Avons, so this may not help you that much.
I've got about 7k miles on them right now.  Things were great till
around 5k or so, when I noticed the rear was squaring off.  Now I've got
traction issues in the wet, i.e. rear will spin up under almost any
throttle load when wet.  This makes things interesting...  Otherwise, I
haven't had any problems.  Even with the rear squaring, I still have
about 1/3 of the original tread depth.
Dan