Re: [ST] GPS audio directions

not sure what your budget is, but that is why i am going to look at the tom tom rider. it has an audio jack which also doubles to bluetooth for your phone.

philip

----- Original Message ----
From: John Hickman <tectonicmonk@xxxxxxxxx>
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, May 4, 2007 2:28:23 PM
Subject: [ST] GPS audio directions

Hi all,

I am considering buying a Garmin Quest GPS for use in the car, camping,
kayaking, and of course on my '99ST.  According to the website, you can use
audio directions for routes through a tiny speaker on the 12V DC power cable
(the main unit has no speaker or headphone jack).

For those of you that have this unit (I think I remember a few saying they
did), have you used the audio directions feature while riding with a full
face helmet?  Could you hear it?

My wife is afraid I'll spend too much time looking at the screen for visual
directions and get into an accident.  (What can I say, I love maps
andgadgets...)  I would not be using it in cities, so options for
turning would
be spread out enough that if I knew about when to turn right or left (by
audio) that would be sufficient.

What's the verdict?

-John Hickman
Lexington, KY