From: dlearl [mailto:dlearl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, 5 May 2007 8:54 AM
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Engine Dying

Lodder, Paul wrote:

>Gents,
>
>I've just joined the group - mainly to eaves drop to find out more
>about
the
>Triumph (ST) before I decide to buy. From what you are all saying is
>this bike worth purchasing given all the issues that you are raising???
>What
with
>faulty ECU's, dirty switches, missing engines (not literally!) I'm
>becoming a little sceptical......
>
>Regards,
>
>Paul

************************
[dlearl]
Paul, don't let my problems worry you.  I've had 35,000 completely trouble
free miles with this bike and I'm sure this problem will turn out to be 100%
my own doing. Like I said, this problem reared it's ugly head after
re-assembling the bike following a 6k service.
Spoke to the mechanic today and he suggested checking the rubber seal on the
idle control motor, that was fine but in the process I noticed the breather
for the fuel pressure regulator was not hooked to the airbox like it should
be.  We'll see.  One way or another, it's in for a fault read and re-mappe
next Friday.  If it's not sorted by then, I'm sure that will do the trick.

Lastly, I'm suspecting my battery more and more.  I know BMW F650s display
all sorts of FI ills when not fully charged, and if you can believe it, I'm
still on my original, 1999 battery.  (Have a new one on order, but it's not
here yet)

Paul, buy a Sprint, you won't be disappointed.  Are you looking for a used
one?  Mine's on the block as soon as I get this issue sorted out.

David