[ST] rotors side specific?

Another one for the WOTL...

When I bought replacement front rotors for my '99 ST, EBC definitely sold
specific left and right rotors.  Question is, why are they specified left or
right side?  My 3am illogic seems to think they should go either way...

Anyway I may be in need of a right side if someone has one in good shape, not
sure yet until we get the dial gauge strapped on but think it's tweaked.  Have
the takeoffs from the '99 but I forget which one of those made me change 'em.

But why can't they mount on either side?  I gotta be missing something obvious.

--

                                ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
            -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\