Re: [ST] Wally World Batteries (devolved into a rant, read only if you have a minute to waste)

I'm happy to say that I have only purchased one item from Wally World
ever: a boat cover for my dad's little fishing boat.
That's the only time I've ever been in one, and I won't go back. I also
don't buy coffee at Starbucks. (Note the geographical reference in my
salutation.) I won't contribute to big fish getting bigger. Diversity is
the consumer's only hope.
I am also willing to drive an extra mile or two to buy fuel. I
absolutely will not buy gas at any station just because getting to the
one across the street is harder to do. I've never seen convincing data
that one brand of gas burns better than another. My personal experience
runs counter to the "collective wisdom" or what ever you call it. My
vehicles tend to run better on the cheap stuff, but I have no
quantitative data either way. In my "home area" I travel within a radius
of about 20 miles from home. I see variations of up to $.35 per gallon
in the price of 92ron fuel at different stations of the SAME BRAND!
Throw in different brands, and the variation is upwards of $.60! One
thing I am absolutely convinced of is this: if nobody buys gas at the
expensive station, that owner WILL lower his prices. He has to. The
problem is getting people to stop buying there........

OOOO... See what you've done? Got me started on one of my favorite
rants.....

Mike
'06 ST
Seattle