Re: [ST] Parting out '01 Sprint ST <SSSA>

> Ok Rick, I'll bite.  What is involved with converting an RS to SSSA?
I like the looks of it, but it's really easy to adjust the chain on my
RS with the conventional, and it stays adjusted for a fairly lengthy
period of time. But, a SSSA does look pretty. <

Don,
I'm responding on-list in case I overlook something.  Chain adjustment
on the SSSA is even easier than on the DSSA.  You loosen one pinch
bolt and rotate the hub which is an eccentric.  No worries about
keeping things in line.

To do the conversion, you'd need the swingarm*, shock, rear wheel,
rear brake assy, and the associated mounting parts, including the
chain guard.  As we speak, I have all the necessary parts but
eventually there will be demand for something which will break up the
kit.  As to price, I'm thinking $600 + shipping.  I've seen similar
kits on eBay for much more.  I'll even throw in a Triumph Hugger and a
Pirelli Diablo Strada rear tire which has several thousand miles left
in it ;o).  Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you some
pics.

* has a few minor paint scratches.
--
Rick