Re: [ST] '99 Sprint ST for Sale.

JohnS:
> Hey, help me out here. I know the tiger is a heck of a bike with the
1050 triple and all that but, I would have thought that you would have
wanted the added weather protection of the sprint st. <

While my '01 ST had a bit more weather protection, the Tiger still has
more than many bikes.  More important to me is the comfort of the
upright riding position and the extra suspension travel to deal with
real world road conditions.  Plus, the Tiger's cartridge forks provide
more feedback than the ST did even with the Race Tech front end.  In
short, because the Tiger is so capable it inspires confidence, making
it fun to ride.

> My dad's family in Oregon, having visited them several times I would
say that the climate there is wet, and that there is precipitation
almost everyday. <

It may have seemed that way but that's not a fair assessment even in
the western third of the state, which gets most of the rain.  See:
http://www.city-data.com/city/Oregon.html ,
then choose a city and scroll about half way down to the climate data.
>From the map you can see that Oregon has a wide variety of terrain. No
denying that at times, the coast and Willamette Valley deserve their
reputation for dreary weather but even in the dead of winter, we'll
have excellent riding opportunities.

Where we ride depends on the conditions and time of year but we can
usually ride year round.  And yes, we ride in the rain but I prefer
that to months of extreme temperatures, debilitating humidity and/or
having to deal with huge centers of population.  To me, that's a
no-brainer. YMMV
--
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST < rip :o|