Re: [ST] Switch question.

At 05:23 PM 5/15/2007, you wrote:

>JES_VFR wrote:
> > I just saw a euro handlebar switch mentioned with a comment about lights.
> > Is this for a flash to pass button on the bar or something else?
> >
> > I've always thought it stupid that US bikes don't have a flash to
> > pass switch, but most euro market bikes do.
> > It stupid especially when we have such wimpy horns as well.
>John,
>As far as I know, ALL Sprints have the "flash to pass" button, activated
>with the left index finger.  What the Euro switches have that we don't
>is a headlight switch, enabling the user to turn the headlights off
>completely.  If you look at the switchgear for the Sprints, you can see
>a spot on the US version for such switch, but it is left out.
>
>That said, I rarely use the "flash to pass" and have been contemplating
>wiring that switch to be my PTT button for my comm system.
>
>Dan

Thanks for clearing that up Dan.

Yet another reason to buy a motorcycle primarily designed for the euro market.

My Honda (my current commuter bike) does not have a flash to pass
button, but the euro edition did.
Since I've already upgraded the headlight wiring and the bulbs, I
would wish I had the FTP button to disturb certain left lane loosers.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"