From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of JES_VFR
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 5:08 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] '99 Sprint ST for Sale.

At 12:53 PM 5/15/2007, you wrote:

>I recently road up to Hinkley for a factory tour in torrential rain
>- about 5 hours all in all. The fairing keeps most of the rain off
>your upper body but the screen is a bit of a problem. Not a bad size
>but it produces a lot of wind noise (i'm 6'4'') .I dont think its
>any worse for protection than any other screen i've used though and
>there are other options coming onto the market, like Givi.
>http://www.triumphrat.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forum&file=viewto
pic&topic=81851&forum=39

Sounds like the stock screen is slightly better than the stocker on
my Honda. I'm 6'1" and the stock screen would soak my upper chest,
shoulders and helmet in the rain. I added an ST screen from Zero
Gravity and now the rain only hits my helmet. I did experience a lot
more helmet buffeting over stock until I added my tank bag, that
seems to force the laminar flow under the screen upward.

I guess I would be in about the same boat on the sprint which is fine
with me.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"