Re: [ST] Cheap n cheerful GPS trip logging...

Hi

On 22 May 2007, at 18:15, Mike Montville wrote:

> Does it really cost the $564.85 to $789.95 in the pop-up that appears
> when you click on it??
>
> I paid $255 for my StreetPilot 2610, and $19.95 for my TracFone...but
> then, I'm on a 'Low Budget' (The Kinks).

Not sure - it is expensive.  Those figures sound like the full list
price - in the UK it lists for about £500 without contract.  But I
got it free from work... not sure what deal was done, but they didn't
pay list I'm sure.  If all you want is GPS there are probably cheaper
options - but just checked, and the N95 is actually cheaper in 'real'
stores than the Garmin Zumo 550 (currently showing at about £550):
not completely sure on Zumo features, but suspect they don't include
quad band phone plus super-fast 3G Data connections, music player,
etc. etc.  So not completely priced out of park - add in a phone
contract and it becomes considerably cheaper I suspect.

Regards

Gavin.