[ST] bleeding brakes

I have had a 2001 Sprint RS since the end of last year. Like it a lot,
but have had a bit of a bit of a problem with the front brake getting
spongy/long lever travel.  First noticed this about 200 miles into
ownership; brakes bled by mechanic, felt better; then noticed it again
about 1200 miles later.  In both cases I had moved the reservoir in order
to adjust fork spring preload, in such a way that I may have put a bit of
a kink in the hose, and driven around like that for a while.

Despite modest mechanical abilities, I decided to try to bleed the brakes
myself.  Bought and installed speed bleeders.  Seemed to be going OK
until I drained the reservoir too low and let air in the system.  Then
got floppy lever which did not push through the fluid when I added more.

I spoke to someone at the company who suggested loosening the fitting
between the master cylinder and the line leading to the caliper, and pump
the lever slowly. I did so, and eventually got fluid coming out of the
speed bleeder (bubble free) although it seemed to be pumping a relatively
small amount of fluid per stroke of the lever, compared to before. I then
tightened that speed bleeder and went on to the next one.

I was unable to get any fluid coming out. I then tried the trick with
loosening the master cyclinder fitting again. Very little fluid seeped
out around the fitting. It appears that there is still air in the system,
but I don't know what my next step is.   Not liking the fact that my
motorcycle is unrideable at the moment!  Have an email in to the company,
but thought I would try here, too.  Any advice would be much
appreciated--thanks--Tony