[ST] Leaky panniers.....

Is anybody else experiencing leaky panniers?  I washed my 02 ST over the weekend and when I popped open the left pannier to throw some stuff in there, I found a little puddle at the bottom.  I've never noticed it doing that before even when riding through the tail of a hurricane a couple of years ago.
If they've leaked what did you do get it to stop?  I was thinking of putting a small bead of silicone caulk or a thin piece of weather stripping around the seal.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!
George