Re: [ST] bleeding brakes

Tony,

What Woovis is refering to are not "stuck" calipers.
Triumph uses Nissin calipers, but they are built to
Triumph's spec. They uses a square O-ring rather than
a round one to seal the piston/ caliper interface. As
your pads wear, the distance from the pad surface to
the rotor surface increases, hence greater piston
travel, hence greater lever travel and to an extent
sponginess. The ring design prevents the pistons from
fully self adjusting. Small price to pay for the
superb braking power of a Triumph. So, all you do is
pull the caliper, extend the pistons a little, and get
in there with a toothbrush and some brake cleaner,
clean out the gunk and reassemble. It is no more work
than chnging pads, should be done when changing pads,
and prolly a few times in between. Wont take more than
an hour start to finish. I do mine once in the spring,
and maybe once more if it needs it...

John