Re: [ST] Leaky panniers.....now: WVA rally!!

Isnt there the unofficial WVA RAT Raid coming up soon? Hot Springs, I recall?

Bil Swartz <bil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Todd J wrote:

> My 01 leaks pretty good, and I too put everything in plastic. I have thought
> about putting a better weather seal, and siliconing the screws, but it has
> been a low priority.

My '99 panniers leaked a bit too, and I cured it by putting a bead of silicon
around the seam where the plastic that holds the weather seal meets the body of
the pannier. If you open your bag and look about an inch into it from the
opening you should see the seam I'm talking about. I haven't seen the bags on
the '03 leak yet, but having just washed 'er up a little I better check!

> Did I miss something? VA Rally?

Rally? I'm headed for the HSTA's "Tri-STAR" this weekend in Sparta, NC
(www.ridehsta.com). One of these year's we oughta put together a meet and greet
somewhere in West ByGod Virginia!.

--

._O_. '03 Sprint ST