[ST] Superbike Showdown/Catalunya GP

AMA races at Infineon were fantastic.
Stayed with some friends in the Winters/Vacaville Area. Our group of seven (a 99 St, 01 St, 06 St, two 01 Speed 3's, a Honda RC51, and a Buell) tore up some great roads around Lake Barryessa. The highlight, though, was heading out to Hy1 via Skaggs Springs / Stewart Point Road. The stretch right by Lake Sonoma is an epic stretch of twisties in their perfect pavement, on-camber glory. 35MPH zone? Yeah, double that at a minimum! The road does get a bit dodgy for a while when it turns in to one lane! Break out at the coast on Hy1, south to Bodega Bay (keeping a wary eye out for evil birds!). The way back wasn't near as much fun, via Hy116 and some other roads I don't recall the numbers of. Passing a long line of traffic stopped for construction and going right up to the flagger's stop sign, not to mention some lane splitting in stop and go 505 traffic did make the way back a bit more interesting.
All but a couple of times, the cagers were curteous in moving to the right of the lane to let us get by them. Only one close call for me was around the Spanish Flat area of Lake Barryessa when trying to get around a angonizingly slow truck pulling a horse trailer. The driver was watching me in his mirror and knew I wanted around him. I finally got a chance on a clear spot of straight away (albeit double yellow) and right when I got about halfway past him, he purposely drifted left into the lane. He was watching me the whole time. My 06 Sprint made quick work of the pass and I got around him without incident. Whew.
Oh yeah, the racing at Infineon was great to watch too!
Anyway, those of you who live in the area, you've got some great riding. Not that the roads here are nothing to shake the proverbial stick at, I think it's just that we have less good riding weather.

I'm off to Spain to spend eight days riding around the Pyrenees Mountains (although on a 650 Beemer) and ending with the Catalunya MotoGP race.

Cheers!
Eric
06 Sunset Red ABS ST