[St] If you've been there, done that ... I'm looking for advice on places to stay March 3-5 next year for Bike Week

For those who've been there, done that...

I'm looking for advise on places to stay March 3-5 next year for Bike Week.
I plan to ride from CA to FL with my son.  Need to find three rooms.

On his last trip, the fellow we're traveling with stayed in Jacksonville and
'commuted' the two hours to Daytona.

What's your advice?  Are there affordable places to stay that are less than
two hours away?  (Am planning on making reservations as soon as I get
feedback.)

Thanks for the help.

Doug