Re: [St] Newbie Question -- PIAAs for the ST + other "Gotta Haves" for Long Days & Nights on the road

At 09:56 AM 11/9/2007, you wrote:

>Hi Doug,
>
>While I like the heated grips for their convenience, they don't seem to be
>able to hack really cold weather.
>
>Next time, I'll be going with heated gloves (in combo with a vet or
>jacket).  They heat the whole hand and the insulation from the glove doesn't
>hamper the effect.  Also, they are transferable to other bikes. (Bike bonus
>if you have more than one bike)
>
>The gloves are similar in price to the heated grips.
>
>--Joel

I'm not a fan of heated gloves for a couple of reasons.
The first one is that I never found a heated glove that had enough
insulation, heat source and water proofing to work without being an
enormous blob of material that still robbed me of tactile touch.
Two the one set that I did buy lasted about three long rides and did
not provide nearly as much heat to my hands as the grips I have now do.

For the people that say that they cannot keep the backs of their
hands warm with heated grips, Check out www.revitusa.com/ they have
winter gloves with a new inner layer of material that "phase shifts"
and spreads heat from the palms of the gloves around to the backs, up
to the wrists and even between the fingers.

The store I work in is considering bringing Rev-It in as a high line
brand, and if they do I'm considering getting a pair of these new
gloves for winter.
If the heat transport system works half as well as they say it does,
the days of cold knuckles are over.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"