[St] Battery Removal ST 05+

Hi guys,

This is a Q directed at anyone with a 2005 or later ST.

I just prepped my '06 ST for winter storage on Mon. The last chore was to remove the battery which at first glance looked as simple as disconnecting the battery leads and pulling it out of the battery box.  Well, after pulling the terminal connections, I tried to lift the battery out and was stymied by the overhanging bracket at the end of the gas tank that locates the front of the seat pan.  I tried sliding it out a couple of other ways but there is just not enough clearance. Any suggestions from those of you that have stored your STs for the winter?

I did look in my owner's manual and it simply says to undo the terminals and lift out the battery...

Thx,

Brian