Re: [St] brake rotors on 115000 km

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 " Kevin Dicks" wrote:

>>WOW !  That seems a shit load of money. When you say 'revise', does that
>>include re-building the calipers, master cylinders, replacing the rotors
>>etc. ?  Even so that seems a lot of money.

Yep, that's including 3 new rotors, rebuilding the calipers and master cilinder.

The EBC brakes are only 10 euro's each cheaper than the standard OEM rotors....
Another possibility is to use 2nd hand parts....

I have kept the bike in good condition and am the first owner and know exactly what is wrong with it:
10k km serviceintervals as stated in the manual.

Weakest part IMHO is the wiring, which I have rerouted before but still is causing me problems from time to time.
You can really see that the bike was designed on a computer, excluding the wiring. This is much better on more recent models like the 2007 ST or the new Tiger.

Funny thing is that you can tell just on monitoring the gas-mileage if anything is wrong.
With the worn out rotors the mileage dropped to 6 l/100km, while it used to average 5 l/100km before

Problem here in Holland is that you can't sell a bike with 115k on it.... just too many bikes around with the same age, older or newer but with less mileage on them. Only Beemers can be sold with that amount of mileage. BTW I saw 5 year old pan-europeans last weekend with 25k on them... a bloody shame!

Still love the looks of this bike and enjoy to ride it, so I am keeping it.

--Markus from Rotterdam where it is 33 degrees Fahrenheit now