Re: [St] Testing Membership

And others have been living with it even after new batteries, neutral
switch, dozens of hot/cold cycles, visit to dealers for service etc.

My RS idles at 2k ish and the interesting thing is it slows when the
neutral switch opens.  It reverted last Monday in the cold but struggled
to tick over then.  it looks like some self-defense mechanism in the ECU
that is triggering when it shouldn't.

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> triumphnutter@xxxxxxxxx 14/11/2007 03:30:51 >>>
Chris,
The ECU does that when it senses a weak battery.  Should only do it in
neutral.  Happened to mine and my dealer told me about it.  Replaced it
and it miraculously stopped that same behavior.  Buy your battery next
year so it doesn't have to live thru another winter unnecessarily.

Cheers,
Jonathan West
99 ST

Ok - since it's so quiet, I'll try to alleviate some of the boredom.  I
have an 01 ST and recently the  bike has starting idling higher than
normal.  I can idle in gear at about  7 or 8 miles an hour and when I'm
at a stop and put it  in neutral, the revs go from a little over 1000
(which I think is higer than it should be) to about 1600 or 1700.

The throttle seems to be operating freely, but I've read about
lubricating the throttle cable.  Would that help?

What can I do to resolve this short of taking it  to the dealer?  BTW,
I just had it in to the dealer for 18,000 mi service (the bike has 21k
miles on  it).

Thanks

Chris Warren