Re: [St] Kentucky Fried

I was actually excited to see Hayden win the 2006 series. I thought it was cool to have an underdog boot Rossi from his throne (and yes, I am a Rossi fan, but that plays no role in my opinion of the documentary). I also thought it was cool to see this season and watch the new players and new technology turn things around--the new technology is the main reason I like MotoGP, BTW.

  Yeah, the Administration comment was a bit of a stretch considering how "good" they have been. My point was to reinforce that I dont expect a young 20-something to be an international diplomat but I do think it is their personal responsibility to have a modicum of decorum while competing on an international circuit where we are the relative new comers.

  I totally agree with your position and the previous comments about sponsorship having a role here. While winning gets them the publicity they seek, having their players on the podium still gets them some lime-light time. All parties are guilty here. It was an unfortunate display and representation by MTV.

  And I will state again, I should have had more realistic expectations of an MTV produced documentary. Mea culpa.
  Todd

Jack Hays <rude@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ToddJ wrote: OK, I will bite, since you asked... I watched it and I want my
2 hrs back.
RD= I don't know why you want two hours back. I thought the first one
was pretty interesting in a not rocket science sort of way.

I was embarrassed to have Nicky represent the US in MotoGP. Would it be so
much trouble to actually have someone give him some tips on how to survive
outside of Kentucky? IMHO, he represented much of what Europe/rest of the
world sees as the ?ugly American tourist?. He was disrespectful to the
interpreter during press conferences, showed a complete lack of
understanding of language barriers in nearly every country shown and if you
look hard enough when any of the non-US riders are in the same area during
press conferences, they seem to be smirking at his lack of tact.
RD= And that is what was going on in the second hour after he had won
the championship. I agree with what you said but was also wondering where
his sponsorship was? he was basically on his own getting asked the same
"What happened" question at every stop. Frustrated, and showed what i wish
he had not but where were his sponsors. It was almost like he was last
year's news to them. You would have thought there would have been Honda,
etc. reps there telling him what to expect. I almost felt sorry for the guy
as he looked like the fish out of water he was but no life net.

I know the guy is only in his early 20s, he isn?t supposed to be in the
Administration?s Cabinet, he isn?t a foreign diplomat, but he is still
representing the ?grand ole?? USofA. Maybe I should expect that a
documentary done by MTV would be less than interesting. End rant.
RD= I get the feeling you really didn't want him to win last year?
Rossi fan?
And no political point trying to be made but I don't think the
Administrative Cabinet has made many friends either.

I brought in my flame-proof suit today. Flame on. ;-D
RD= No suit needed cause I agree on most points and that's why I was
wondering if it was me or did he look bad but where was his sponsors to
ease this situation? He is his own man but I see so much involvement by
sponsors to protect and ride the wave of publicity I was just feeling empty
at the lack of care he was given by anyone.
I don't see world champion F1 driver being left so alone.

Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the dark side of the Moon"
4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42