From: marc Ve <daytona955.marc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: st <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 1:49 am
Subject: [St] what to do?

Hi all,

My '06 Daytona has been on the shop floor for four weeks while I try to get
a decent price for it.

After a year and a bit I've decided I'd like something a bit more comfy in
the long distance, esp for my goose. No more track days, but some long
distance stuff is the plan.

The fact that I spent three months on crutches after crashing in the
mountains on my KLR has something to do with not wanting to do track days.
The ankle is still a bit Foobar, the ligaments are taking a while to toughen
up.

Here's the thing: the market for second hand trumpets in Cape Town is a bit
thin, not too much interest yet.

So now I have to decide, do I drop the price and give my baby away
(spotless, lots of extras, 15 000kms) or just keep it.

Four weeks without a three cylinder is getting to me, my trusty KLR650 is
just not the same........... Besides, that Daytona with the carbon pipe just
sounds so good! Its tuned to perfection now, the local agents have a tune on
it that hoists the front wheel in first and second if you stay on the gas
past 8000rpm. The bike pulls like a train with a monster rush at the top,
and still only uses 6litres per  100 kms.

cheers

Marc
Cape Town, RSA