Re: [St] my lesser bike

I run Continental TKC-80 tires on my KLR, but it spends a lot of time
off road. I find them plenty sticky for pavement, but all the tires
that I've run only last about 2500-3000 miles the way I ride. I do
absolutely no freeway mileage on that bike, it's all either rough
country roads or dirt or gravel.

On Nov 22, 2007, at 6:22 AM, marc Ve wrote:

> This is a non-trumpet question, but bike related anyway.
>
> I know there are a few people on this list who have dual purpose
> bikes as
> well.
>
> Anyone hot a suggestion for a tyre for the KLR650 that is a good
> compromise between wear on tar and grip off road? I fitted a set of
> Pirelli
> P21's on the bike and they got shredded on the first ride.
>
> We often do rides that cover 600 to 800 kms with a third of that on
> tar and
> the rest on gravel/ farm roads. The tires need to last or you find
> half way
> home you've got no grip left.
>
> (Its a bit like the BT015's I have on the Daytona955 - no good for
> high
> speed long distance touring, they just melt away)
>

> cheers
>

> marc
> Cape Town

Matt Knowles