Re: [St] Garmin Zumo 550 on ST'03

I can't comment on the supplied mounting equipment, however, I can add to the RAM discussion.

I use the RAM mount that utilizes the two screws for the clutch instead of a separate U-mount. I have also seen folks use the handlebar mounting screws as a place to mount. RAM has a base mount that has one hole with the ball placed vertically adjacent to it. Seems to place the GPS more in the center of your gauge cluster. My current RAM setup uses the single ball mount with the four(?) inch arm to my GPS. I am considering adding a second shorty arm and the double ended ball to make the GPS more centered as it is now above the screen partially and off to the left.
  You can see the mount and locale in this photo. And thanks to Killboy for that shot
  http://www.yml.com/user_files/19/photo_albums/Killboy%20TJ_800x600.jpg

  Do a search on Triumphrat.net too there are a couple of good examples of the mounting point being the bar screws.
  Todd

Gavin Lawrie <gavin.lawrie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi Joel, Zoltan,

On 22 Nov 2007, at 21:20, Joel Ashman wrote:

> I used a Ram mount with a standard bar U-bolt mount. I attached it to
> the left bar, beside the clutch assembly. I moved the cluth to the
> left a little to make room.

Thanks - very helpful. Both suggestions indicate that handlebar mount
is way to go. Does this mean the supplied mount is no good?

Regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03

2GC Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Address: Albany House, Market Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 8BE.
Contact: +44 (0) 1628 421506 // info@xxxxxxxxx
Registered number: 3754183.
Registered office:16, Wentworth Road, Oxford OX2 7TQ.
http://www.2gc.co.uk/