Re: [St] Garmin Zumo 550 on ST'03

Hi,

On 23 Nov 2007, at 12:30, marc Ve wrote:

> I'm keen on getting a Garmin and using it on both bikes.
>
> Which is the best model to use for biking? All the adverts I'm
> seeing look
> like they would only be good in a car.

There is a discussion along these lines here - http://www.triumphrat.net/gear-gadgets/57959-garmin-zumo.html?highlight=zumo

There are useful bits of info about the Zumo in threads like this one
- http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?topic=3391.0

I've not used any GPS ever (except playing with the one that comes
with my N95 phone) so can't comment directly.  But in one of the
threads on Triumphrat someone said the Zumo was better than the TomTom
Go, and the real Garmin Zumo better than the BMW version of same.

Regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03

2GC Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Address: Albany House, Market Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 8BE.
Contact: +44 (0) 1628 421506 // info@xxxxxxxxx
Registered number: 3754183.
Registered office:16, Wentworth Road, Oxford OX2 7TQ.
http://www.2gc.co.uk/