Re: [St] Heated Grips.....

>That Bagster does seem an inelegant solution, but it is a solution.  I would think wind pressure would collapse the bag back against >the levers.

If fact they contain a rigid plastic plate all along that keep them straight. There is even synthetic fur inside.

>I myself have thought about putting rigid plastic brush guards on my bike to keep my hands out of the wind.  I realize there may be >issue with fairing clearance though.  I wonder if it can be chopped down for clearance of the fairing and still provide some >benefit/protection.

>Gary

Answer's late but I waited for one hearth half revolution.

I tried that before the Bagster and it was not so efficient. When below 0°C that didn't prevent the pain.
I even painted the guard the color of the bike (BRG) with my *Pasche*. Nice but not so efficient.

The only down side apart from the aesthetic point is you can't grab the handle bars directly in case
of emergency situation when you just sit on the bike. That happened to me once when my younger son
jumped on the bike w/o warning. We were in the garage and I was waiting for him. My hands were not on the
handlebars when he climbed on. I didn't have the reflex to slid my hands in the sleeves and the bike
slowly got on its side just stopped by the tire of my bicycle nearby.

Fred ST 02 BRG