Re: [St] wind screens

Hi,

On 14 Oct 2007, at 13:58, Jody Allen wrote:

> I was just wondering if any one in the group had a favorite
> windscreen.
> I'm 6'1" and have a 2000 Sprint RS with ST bars and Genmar risers and
> I'm looking for a screen that will best push the wind over me.  Thank
> you for your suggestions.

I'm 6'6" and have an 03 ST.  I had the Triumph Touring tall screen for
years, but the noise / buffeting was pretty bad.  Putting the stock
screen on increased the wind blast generally, but resulted in a much
quieter ride.  I wear fitted ear plugs, and I doubt without I'd have
tolerated the noise of the higher screen.

About a year ago I changed the tall screen for a MRA Vario screen (a
slightly taller than stock screen with a variable pitch wing bolted to
top).  This works much better - and once you get used to it is a
pretty good compromise between protection and noise.

Where your helmet is relative to the wind-stream is a key factor - I'm
not surprised that shorter people find the Touring Screen effective /
quiet.  My learning is that you have to try out various solutions
before you find one that works for you.  Which may mean (like me) you
end up with several screens in your garage... (anyone want a slightly
used touring screen...?).

Regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03

2GC Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Address: Albany House, Market Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 8BE.
Contact: +44 (0) 1628 421506 // info@xxxxxxxxx
Registered number: 3754183.
Registered office:16, Wentworth Road, Oxford OX2 7TQ.
http://www.2gc.co.uk/