From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brian Pitman
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 4:18 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [St] Speaking of tires NOW Winterizing my ST

OK, I will then!

I just winterized motorcycle # 1 (GTS) by changing the oil and filter,
pulling the battery and getting both tires off the floor once I parked it in
the back corner of the garage.

While I will ride the ST for another month or more here in Canada, depending
upon the wx, I am curious what you other "value-minded" listers do with
respect to that expensive synthetic oil?  Normally, I change the oil again
after one or two short warm-up runs in the spring time.  And yes, I
appreciate that oil changes are less expensive that engine rebuilds, however
I was wondering what others do since this will be the first "over-winter"
for me and my ST.  For example, does anyone run synthetic oil during m/c
season, then put a "regular" oil in the cases just for winter storage, then
return to synthetic the following spring?

Also, does the gel battery require any different storage maintenace from a
regular lead-acid version?
My normal drill is to store my m/c battery in my basement workshop and put
it on a trickle charger once a month for 48 hrs.

Brian
Great White North