[St] Plug problem

Last Saturday I decided to change the oil and plugs on my '99 ST

After setting the gap on the new ones (0.8-0.9mm) I noticed the old ones
were a little large, actually 3mm, which struck me as odd.
I also noticed that plug 1 was a little carbon coloured meaning my mixture
is a little rich on that cyclinder. The other two were perfect.

Now, after warming up, I am running a little hesitant on idle and has cut
out on me a few times whilst sat in traffic

Any advice of where to start please?

Mark