Re: [St] Headlights

Dan Wetherington wrote:

> Bil,
> What difference, if any, did you see between the Vision Plus and the
> SilverStar?

Not a whole lot of difference IIRC, it has been some time since I cast that
scrutinizing eye (and a photographer friend's light meter) at them.

> Also, I'm seeing conflicting information on the web, stating that the
> Osram Silver Star is a good quality bulb, while the Sylvania is a
> cheaper, blue-tint style bulb.  I know that at one point they were two
> different companies, but now Osram owns Sylvania, so is this still the
> case or are the two bulbs the same?

Both used the blue tint on the glass to get their "whiter" color temperature.
The last set of SilverStars I put in The Boss's Passat were of the Osram make,
and surprisingly to me they've lasted longer than the POS Osram's that were OEM
to her car.  I had sworn off Osram's but figured we'd give that set one chance
to see how they did.

I believe both bulbs also used a different gas content to get a little whiter
but again it's been some time since I researched, maybe someone has that info.

The best thing we can do to improve our lighting situation is check for proper
aim, as I've yet to buy a bike that was set up right in that respect.

--

                                ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
            -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\