Re: [St] Fork service/Race Tech

At 03:27 PM 9/21/2007, you wrote:

>John,
>
>Thanks for your input. Yeah, I bought a pair of Storms
>and a pair of 021s based on the last tire thread I
>started and you were a part of... I put the Storms on
>my Superhawk and love them, havent ridden the RS with
>the 021s yet. If they fall short, I will put Storms on
>both...

Not a big fan of bridgestones, mostly because back in the late 80's
my CBR which had descent 'stones on it from the factory needed new sneakers.
I tried to get another set of OEM 'stones only to be told that they
were replaced with a newer tire.
I mounted the newer tires and rode on them for about 1000 miles, then
bought a set of michelins, because they gave zero feedback. Numb
doesn't describe the lack of feel well enough. I never slid, fell or
even had a traction moment with the 'stones, but they told me nothing
about what the contact patch was doing.
The Michelins were great but at twice the cost of avons with half the
tread life, I can't afford to keep levering them on.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"