[St] First signs of Battery replacement?

My 01 ST is likely on the first battery and today I noticed my clock and Trip odometer wasnt functioning properly. Bike starts and runs fine, but the clock not longer gives the time and the Trip meter resets every time I kill the ignition.

  I am assuming this is a sign of a soon-to-be expiring battery? I did confirm that the cables were attached snugly.

  Or is it something else?
  Todd