Re: [St] First signs of Battery replacement?

At 06:49 PM 9/23/2007, you wrote:

>My 01 ST is likely on the first battery and today I noticed my clock
>and Trip odometer wasnt functioning properly. Bike starts and runs
>fine, but the clock not longer gives the time and the Trip meter
>resets every time I kill the ignition.
>
>   I am assuming this is a sign of a soon-to-be expiring battery? I
> did confirm that the cables were attached snugly.
>
>   Or is it something else?
>   Todd

If you have a volt meter, check the battery, I bet the standing
voltage low when you do. Then start the bike and check the voltage at
the battery. If it is somewhere between 13 and 14.5 volts then I bet
the battery is done.
I had one on the VFR would run the bike fine as long as you got it
start on the first try. Standing voltage was only 11.2 V, but the
charging system would hold 13.2 at idle.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"