Re: [St] 410 and Idaho fuel additives

> I stopped for gas.
> After 210 miles it was pretty empty.  Filled it up and calculated
> about 57
> mpg.  Not bad but I doubt I filled it up to the same level each
> time.  I

I find this pretty confusing.  My Sprint is pretty empty after 210
miles too, but it takes ~ 5 gallons of gas to fill it up, which is
about 40 mpg.  At 57 mpg, you would have only used 3.7 gallons, which
means the fuel gauge (according to what seems standard on Sprints)
would only be just below half, and you'd have a little more than a
full gallon still to burn before the fuel light came on.   I can see
some variation between fill-ups, but that should account for maybe a
quart, and we've got either 15+ mpg, 1+ gallon, or 70+ miles out of
wack with these figures.  Does the 04 Sprint have a much smaller gas
tank?

> I did learn something interesting on SR 167.  I can lock up the
> front brake
> at 70 mph and not crash.  I think my next bike will have ABS for the
> freeways around here.

I learned this once upon a time too, although it was definitely a big
moment.  I'd rather not repeat that one.  For just a very momentary
lockup, the bike shook hard enough to toss my left foot off the peg.

Jim