Re: [St] 410 and Idaho fuel additives

I can't explain the fuel milage but that's exactly what happened.  I went
210 miles and put just about 3.7 gallons in it.  The fuel light had just
come on about 15 miles before my stop.  I'm not sure I filled it up all the
way.  My routine is to put it on the side stand and fill it up until gas
touches the bottom of the black plastic filler opening.  My usual milage is
in the high 40's and most of my riding is local back roads.  This is the
first time I had milage figures over 52.  I'll me happy to try the same
route again next spring.  :)

I don't known how much the tank holds but I've seen the fuel light a few
times around 170 miles.  I assume it's tied to the fuel guage so I don't
trust it to be accurate.  Most of these things aren't accuate.  My F-250
tells me it's almost empty when there is still about 6 gallons left in the
38 gallon tank.

A couple things might work in my favor though.  I'm not an agressive rider.
The Sprint is a lot more bike than I need.  (I love the torque for two-up
riding though.)  The elevation loss down the back side of the mountain seems
more gradual than the climb so maybe gravity helped?

My front wheel lock up was uneventful for the bike.  The front end bottomed
out and the wheel skidded in a straight line.  I immediately let off the
brake and hit is again.  It scared me pretty good but I never came close to
the Jeep in front of me.  Good learning experience but not something I want
to do again.  It was a reminder that I was an idiot and I should have taken
a break and eaten something.

RoB Brown  (Is RoD still around)
Kent, WA