Re: [St] bags connection bags?

--- Paul Traina <pst@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've a 2006 Sprint with OEM panniers and am planning
> my first long
> tour through Baja California (99.95% paved roads,
> sigh, fortunately it's a Sprint,
> not a Tiger).
>
> I was curious, does anyone have any opinions about
> the following Bags
>
> MotoPak's GTX-20 or GTX-pocket strap mount tail bag
> MotoPak's GT-ROLL 60l rear seat strap-on roll
I have the Motopack GTX-20 and the GT-Roll. On the
GTX20, I forgot it expanded so I had stuffed it tight.
A day or two later I found the zipper and expanded it.
3 Strap points to keep it on the bike, 1/4" pad Velcro
to the back of it. I don't like the idea of having a
tank bag screwed to the gas cap.
The GT roll is big. I travel with a good sized duffle
bag and my briefcase. Stuffed all that and a riding
suit and still had room.
-
I bought my Sprint in Colorado - flew up and visited
family for 4 days and had the motopack stuff shipped
there. Packed up my traveling luggage, strapped it on
the bike and took off. 100mph no sweat, hard cornering
no big deal just a little heavy on the back end.
I've also taken it up to Arkansas for a weekend trip,
camping. I have backpacking stuff -sleeping bag & tent
weigh about 2.5lbs each. Collapasable ice chest bag, a
bunch of bottled water/soda/scotch and I still have a
good bit of room in that GT roll. I've thought about a
2nd collapasable ice chest bag for longer trip or meat
only, but I regress.
I had the GT roll strapped on the tail on top of the
rear seat cowl and not on the seat. Kinda rubbed the
paint thin there. Next time I'll take the cowl off and
put the grab bar on and have the GT-Roll sit on the
seat.
If you make it near Dallas let me know - grab a coffee someplace.