Re: [St] Still have cold start problem

Update,

Now that Rupert's ST is my ST, I finally decided to take it to a
dealer here in SE Mass. Last time the valves were checked (about
40K), they were all in spec, though the intakes were on the tight
side. Had them checked, and sure enough, 4 of 6 were at .105mm, while
one was at .152mm, and one at .178mm (spec is .1 - .15mm). So they
backed them all out and now the bike starts up fine from cold.

Thanks to all who replied regarding info in the idle control valve
system. When I check resistances of the coolant temp, air temp, and
air pressure sensors, they were all fine. It was only after being
reasonably convinced that the ICV was working fine that I finally
decided to have a shop look into it. Glad I did.

Cheers,

ed