Re: [St] push start

Paul Traina wrote:
> What, technically, is a bump-start?
>
> I've tried going down a hill to start an old EX500, but when you say
> bump, what are you guys doing to get the bike moving?  Lots of friends
> pushing?  Bumping it with an El Camino driven by a guy with a mullet
> who is listening to KISS?

No, Paul, sorry.  The "bump" refers to bumping the engine over...  Your
down hill start is the same thing, just using gravity instead of
pushing.  I've always called it push-starting, personally.  My routine
(with my old EX500, funnily enough) was to put the bike in second,
sprint alongside it with the clutch pulled in, jump on and pop the
clutch.  I found that I needed to be sitting on the bike or the rear
would just lock up.  Granted, that bike weighed 400lbs wet, and didn't
have a fancy computer or fuel injection...

Dan