Re: [St] push start

On Fri 11 Apr 2008, marc Ve wrote:
> Greetings to the collective trumpet mind!
>
> My Daytona's battery is starting to get a bit dodgy. Methinks the three
> month lay over while I was trying to sell it has messed up the battery.
>
> Here's my question - if there is enough power to switch on the dials etc,
> but not enough to spin the motor over, can I push start the bike?

There's no reason why not. I used to live in an apartment complex, and on two
occasions (dying battery) had to start the ST by rolling it down the ramp
into the underground car park, and letting the clutch out when it had
gathered enough speed. As long as the battery has enough juice to power the
ignition and pressurise the fuel injection system, then the motor will start
once it is turned over fast enough - whether via the starter or by other
means.

I would advise second gear.

Eoin

'04 ST955i