From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of marc Ve
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 5:40 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [St] push start

The engineers on the Daytona design must have spent too much time in
Italy.

The fuse box can only be got to by unbolting the front seat - no seat
release. The relays are hidden under the plastic work on the rear
subframe,
and to get that off is 8 bolts of varous sizes, plus two tricky spring
clips
that like to fly off and hide somewher in the garage.

My Sprint RS was much better designed from a DIY perspective. I still
rate
it as one of the nicest looking Triumphs - not a pice of art like the
675
Daytona, but a good looking bike.

I really wish Triumph would make an "RS" version of the ST1050, just
enough
wind protection to be useful, but still a bit of the "naked look.

cheers

Marc

On 4/13/08, Eoin Kirwan <eoinkirwan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri 11 Apr 2008, marc Ve wrote:
> > Greetings to the collective trumpet mind!
> >
> > My Daytona's battery is starting to get a bit dodgy. Methinks the
three
> > month lay over while I was trying to sell it has messed up the
battery.

> > Here's my question - if there is enough power to switch on the dials
> etc,
> > but not enough to spin the motor over, can I push start the bike?
>
> There's no reason why not. I used to live in an apartment complex, and
on
> two
> occasions (dying battery) had to start the ST by rolling it down the
ramp
> into the underground car park, and letting the clutch out when it had
> gathered enough speed. As long as the battery has enough juice to
power
> the
> ignition and pressurise the fuel injection system, then the motor will
> start
> once it is turned over fast enough - whether via the starter or by
other
> means.
>
> I would advise second gear.
>

> Eoin
>
> '04 ST955i

NOTICE:  This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)=
 and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized=
 review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the=
 intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy al=
l copies of the original message.