Re: [St] I've said this before about Harley's

Young, Mike wrote:
>  I'd like to amend that if I may:
> Of the Harleys ever sold that actually left their owner's garage in the
> first place, did you know that 92% are still on the road?
> The other 8% were able to make it home to the garage.
>

> (My ex-boss has a '02 Road King with less than 2000 miles on it since
> new. It's been dropped once, and repainted twice - in a different color
> each time.)
>
> Mike
> '06 ST
> Seattle
I'll attest to that.  A co-worker just bought a used Harley yesterday.
When I asked him about it this morning (a beautiful sunny spring morning
in Chicagoland, I might add), he mentioned that, unlike me, he bought
his bike as a "hobby" and that it doesn't run right at the moment.  I
about died.  So he spent more money on a 2001 Harley with high miles
(for a Harley.  What is that, about 5,000?) that doesn't run right than
I did for my brand new Sprint?  Hmm, some hobby...  I'm waiting for the
day when he actually rides it.

And I wonder why co-workers ask me if I'm planning on pulling my bike
inside whenever it starts to rain...

Dan